Sunday, October 4, 2009

Winding Down

Dear Maisara,
I have to wind down today. Feeling heavy on my 'ass' from getting off the bed. Admittedly, I was awake all night after midnight. Having nothing else to do besides sleeping on the edge side of the bed (as usual), rather than keeping my mind wandering and wondering, I went online. There's tinge of hope but I began to accept it that it was going to be another lonely nights.
Anyway, morning comes and cleaning up was due. Its was really a hectic day yesterday.
I was lucky to have made preparation as soon as I gotten home. Jump right to the kitchen and use up all the ingredients, cleaning the chicken and lamb and prepare for the marination. Little that I knew then, it was the least decision made that had saved my cooking.
Later that night I was called up b the client for an ad hoc meeting to discuss potential life saving design decision for the project. The meeting was set the next morning at 9am.
So there I was, driving to work when my mind was already in 'cooking mode'.
The meeting went terribly slow and full of technicalities. The engineers keep putting in figures of disputes while the client keep punching the calculators away. In the end, I have to lay out the way-forward. Push down all that was said in writing and show the bottom line numbers for all the options. Statused them in favorite order and let the client sleep on it on the weekend.
Off I went back home because the barbecue was waiting to be grilled.
Made home slightly after noon, and the slight drizzle calmed me down.
The event went well, streams of kids came and went, doing pick-up and drop off for the faraway kids, and the same time have to sit down try to remember them names and to which kids they are friends too. The take of the day was when, Nunui picked up her new college roommates from the hostel to attend the party. The house was packed full but the atmosphere seemed worth it.
Somehow, a few times, I found myself drifted alone to a faraway place that I really wished to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment