Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the call

Had a long tele-conversation with an old friend. I am just lending the ear and thoughts. Seemed that she is having a mid life crisis (who else don't? lol) Seen her postings lately and noticed the nuances that shows depression taking place. I know the feeling of helplessness and despairs taking place and if not handled properly, it would lead to un-desirous tendencies. I was there and have not gotten out of it myself but I would not bear seeing any of my friends being in this deepest abyss as mine is experiencing.
Initially I was only trying to cheer her up via the postings but her response was that of a need to find an outlet. I wasn't thinking about it much today but late evening I received a message from her asking whether it is alright to talk now. I was lucky that I am already on the way home, so short detour to the nearest mall and find myself a corner table by the Starbucks, with a cappuccino latte and Greek salad.
The call came exactly 14 minutes later as promised.Its been so long since I talked to any of them, (6 or 7 years maybe?) so a nice pleasantries were due. To accommodate her, I answered few questions. Answered all of them honestly and truthfully (yes - all of them including the row i had in explaining her cheek to cheek pics with her hubby that someone mistakenly identified as me!) and including why the 'complicated status'. Later, an hour or so of shifting perspectives, alternative standpoints, chiding, scoldings, smirking, counter opinions and mindless talks, the call ended.
I realised, the call was not really about finding solutions or taking sides, but merely an outlet of releasing pent up feelings. Guessed, the decisions and way forwards for them has been playing on both of their minds and whatever is going to happen, i wish them both happy.I am glad that someone is already on her/his way out of the deep abyss of soul less existence.
Its a free service for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment