Friday, October 2, 2009

Passport Renewed

I took time off in the afternoon to go and have my International Passport renewed today. A full 2 hours for another 5 years extension. RM300! I assumed the procedure was going to be simpler, since its only a renewal. I was only half right. I wasn't told to bring in 2 passport photographs. I have many of those in my office drawer. The officer just give me a non-chalant look and pointed out that there is a quick photo kiosk outside. Scam! The thought went through my my as I lined up for a 'not so quick' photo in the 'unfriendly kiosk, trying to make myself presentable.
To make matter worst, as I returned to the counter with the photo, my ID card wasn't able to be read by the chip scanner. But a school eraser did the trick. A few hard scrub on the chip surface, returned the shine on the touch plates and a few frantic attempt later, I was asked to scan in my thumb.
But since it was getting late, I was asked to return next week to collect the renewed passport.
Guess what I found hidden in my wallet as I was about to slip in the extra quick photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment