Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tithe Paid

Every year during ramadan, without fail muslims all over the world would perform the 4th pillar of the Islamic tenets that is paying the personal tithe (zakat). Besides the normal tithe in the form of income tax approximately 0.4% of total cumulative tangible wealth, personal tithe is a minor form of reliever to mark the completion of inner cleansing regime endured during the month of ramadan - the month of abstinence. Personal tithe is calculated by a corresponding value of minimum food for a month requirement in accordance to the locality standard.

The husband or father would be paying the tithe for the family. My tithe zakat receipt for this year has been taken. I paid for 9! Have been paying the tithe for 9 since 2007. the least that I am doing for my part. The tithe is due yearly before the Eid day. However this year was no different despite what had transpired, I am proud to say I went and fulfill my 'obligation' a day before the eve of eid. However I won't know whether I would still pay the tithe on your behalf next year but sincerely I prayed that I would InsyaAllah.

"Verily I am paying this year's zakat for myself and on behalf of those under my personal responsibility..." as I recited those 'doa' in front of an 'amil', faces of each of them went through my head, with love. May God bless you all and become a big happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment