Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Dead Goose

I dropped by my parents home after work yesterday (well sort of... had to pay through two toll booths) . One of the geese dropped dead (they had two). Now I had to determine the cause of death (bring me the scaple please...) not with the bird flu thingy we had to be carefull. I asked my dad whether he'd ever bring the goose out for any 'goose fight'. He replied in negative laughingly, in fact that it was a she-goose (sic?). Now the plot thickens! Should I start to check on all the chicks, ducks and even the rabbits around the house (mind you they have the whole lot down there... as a form of protest for not allowing them to 'keep' one of kids company - well thats a different story) or just staright away do the 'culling method'?. I guess I'll come back this weekend and bring reinforcement (my kids?) for the 'culling exercise'. In the end we found out that the probable cause of death might be due to overdose of ant-killer powder my dad keep next to the coops. Anyway, mum managed to get hold of another she-goose from the neighbour's coop for nature's 'reproduction exercise' to run its course. Well the he-goose got himself a new partner within a day! That's what I call efficient chiken-coop management. They don't teach these at UPM or MARDI. I think I have to watch CSI more often. (Scaple please!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment