Friday, September 3, 2004

A Day after V Day

I'm gonna drop by the mosque near his home today. Sure bigger congregation than normal. I want to see the khatib's face and reaction (not to forget what he will churn out for today's sermon). I guess he will be more fired up than before. Later I'll linger around the area and check out the 'carnival' outside. I remember 6 years ago I waited at this place and followed him back to Kg Baru mosque for the Friday prayer which later evolved to a much bigger 'explosive' events. The atmosphere now is a different. The crowd (yesterday) was more 'matured' and 'dignified' unlike the whole gamut of 'haggard' personalities and rowdies that made up the crowd six year ago.
My old 'enemies' (the other side of the 'battle' line) alerted me early yesterday morning (8:30 am) on the impending release. How could these 'scums and cronies' managed to get hold of the 'info' was beyond me. Something to speculate but I don't really care now. As I watched the news, actually I wanted to surf TV3 to see how their coverage like now that the guy is released compared to the news relayed to us six years ago (sans Dang Suria), my kids asked me questions about the whole thing and surprisingly which I can now reply gleefully as opposed to the news six years ago that involved word such as 'liwat' and 'sodomy'. (At such time I could bring myself to even buy Utusan for my kids to read).
I can't describe how my feelings now. The emotions were to great to fathom but I am sure it is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment