Friday, September 24, 2004

Beta Test

I had a pretty busy week. Now that a whole department shift to my department, the scene on this floor is hyper. We were used to a solitude and an occasional beehives whenever projects are being prepared, now it seemed like everyday is project due day. Even my HoD started to be cranky and left office at 5 sharp. As for me, still grappling with the 'culture shock' of working in a big organization, with so many levels of 'administrative' procedures just to get paper clips, I just carry on doing my best - that is hitting the keyboards sometimes aimlessly but purposely. (did I just coined a new term "purposely aimlessly"?) My colleagues introduced me to a new vector software's that is less intimidating than AutoCad. I've been getting myself familiarized with it, seeing whether is it worth investing. I 'sticked' (copied onto the memory stick) the software and brought it home for another session of beta test - this time with my trusted kid (hey I just get his monitor replaced). I guess we get something out of it for my personal home pergola project. I'll try to input it in this blog.
------------------
I was at MALBEX 2004 The Mines for that annual 'walkabout' of the construction industry personnel. This time the fanfare is less but the quality is better that last year's. Met a few of my former colleagues and old time suppliers. They were mostly surprised to learned that I have 'shifted to the other side'. (the term when you sit on the other opposing side of the table in construction meetings) I get better treatment from suppliers whenever they scanned my visitor pass and seeing the name of the organization I am now representing. I get to asked few more questions than I normally would. I guess I didn't shift sides for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment