Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Word of Wisdom

I am finishing my last few days of my life in this company. Yesterday, a few more of my colleague's received the 'boot' orders. Some took it calmly, a few broke down(especially the SYTs) and quite a few went straight home. The hard times has befallen on us. I, for one, still have not been lucky so far. Yesterday I took care of my belongings, packed them in that A4 boxes. I was surprised to see my personal effects that I managed to 'compile' in less that a year. All in all there were 6 boxes full of loose files, documents and manuals (two more I am reserving for my last day, this Friday, just in case I miss out any more small items) and two 3 foot high stack of books (more that half are from my home library - now returning to its shelves at home) much to the chagrin of my wife who had made the shelves spiking clean without books (are bookshelves meant not to take in books?) for this coming Hari Raya.
I still leave my beloved Roget's Thesaurus and Websters Pocket Dictionary on the desk for Friday, just in case I need to fill in this blog then and lost of superlatives. Other than that I am transferring files from my pc onto my 256PenDrive.
Just now, a senior colleague drop by my place. It seemed that he is also in the list. We chatted for better part of the hour and promise to keep in touch. Another lady colleague from another department send me advert clippings of job openings via internal dispatch! (how nice) As I was cleaning up my cubicle wall, hidden behind the large post-it-notes is this piece e-mail attachment....
George Constanza's ...WORD OF WISDOM...
"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death. What's that, a bonus?!? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you go live in an old age home. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension. Then, when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work forty years until you are young enough to enjoy your retirement. You drink alcohol, you party, and you get ready for High School. You go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little boy, you go back, you spend your last 9 months floating with luxuries like central heating spa. Room service in tap, then you finish off as an orgasm!!! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment