Thursday, October 7, 2004

Tremors of the mind

My sis e-mail me today of the earthquake tremors she experienced last night in Japan. For a 18yrs old kampung girl who has never felt anything similar like it(except the Port Klang blast back in 1981 - oh wait she was not even born yet then. damn!) and living in a completely different culture, language the whole thing is scary. Her foster parents made sure she is safe. She was not hysterical, maybe that indescribable feelings of awe and shocking but at the same time exciting. She's preparing for the Ramadan fasting month, and I am glad that her foster parents were prepared and understands the whole rituals. Funny how when you are in foreign land, the locals seemed accommodating enough to let us feel at home. The sense of mutual respect to each others beliefs is astounding. Wouldn't it be nice when we could from time to time step back and see other people's side, wear other people's shoes in place and take up their perspective just for a few glancing moments? I think I'll start doing it more frequently.

1 comment:

sherrina said...

hi,
thanks for visiting my blog. Seems u are new in blogging. Welcome to world of blog. I already response to your question regarding training.org.my. Please read them in the comment section in my blog. Thank u :)

Post a Comment