Thursday, April 5, 2007

Reunion thingy


There was an informal reunion gathering at my old high school last week (31st March).
Some of my batchmates made it and send group pics to those who didn't made it (yours truly included of course) In my jovial mood (and mostly nostalgic) I just replied with a single comment - "WIDER SHAPED" - to the pics.
Yeah, most of us now looked wider on the waistlines. But somehow, when looking at the pics I could only see them still in their school uniforms; young and ambitiuos and 22 more years of life to be filled. Forget the waistline and the sleuth of modern sickness to follow. To me, whenever we meet, they will still be that 18 years old buddies whom we had shared time, space, moments and adolesences together. For a while, the memories flooded in and temporarily brought us to that moments, away from the current mid-life tribulations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at you now compared to last year or your old pics? hmmmm I can see the 'black & white' with a belt na hehehe. Seems like I will be missing our high school reunion too. I can almost imagine meeting my old buddies way back 1991 ( I was only 16 then!).

Post a Comment