Friday, August 20, 2004

Proud Malaysian Sports Moment

One night in 1980.... (who could forget these lines)
"Hassan, cocok Hassan, masih lagi Hassan, kepada James!!!!)

Looking back, I think that was a night when all Malaysian became one entity. Malaysian football were never able to reach that level of euphoria that still caused my hair to stand just reliving the moment in the mind. How proud I was then. How I longed for that moment. The closest was when we turned the tables on the Thais at Shah Alam few years back with our Rusdi Superman.
I guess to be fair, another moment was this one...
16 May 1992 - Stadium Negara
The determination of Rashid, the steely performance of Kok Keong and the Dream Provider of Soon Kit and Beng Kiang (of course Hasbullah's rantings past midnight). And I wonder who is that bespectacle, skinny fellow gyrating in the stands (wherever you are).
My personal pick for the recent Proud Malaysian Sports Moment was the SUKOM 98 hockey semi-finals against India. (because I was there!)
The above my dear friends were true Sport Performance where I could be proud of.
now back to the Olympic
(remind me to write about Nolan Ryan) who?

No comments:

Post a Comment