Thursday, August 19, 2004

Highways

It's official, RM20.00 (RM19.60 to be exact but not including toll for KL-Karak) one way for ECE (East Coast Expressway). Now I have to rethink the Cherating getaway I've been planning for year's end (AirAsia, here we go). Maybe I'll have to meet halfway, travel to Temerloh and sample that 'Sup Gearbox' near Jengka, then make a U-turn, drop by Karak town and buy few kilos of Jambu Rias.
------------------------------------
I took an LRT ride to KLCC yesterday evening. It has been quite sometime I 'drop-by' downtown KL, since 2001 my line of work no longer requires me to be in Kg Baru ( yeah I worked there for almost 10 years.. go figure) and my recent job only put me at the perimeter of KL (I managed to avoid the traffic jam hassle). Back to KLCC, not much different this time of the year except more and more of Middle Eastern tourists flocking around the areas, and they love to travel in a group do they. This one family of 15 (I guess) maybe of 4 generations, Dad and GranDad with one stroller (couldn't see any babies inside, not with the shopping bags and all) lingering around the foodcourt, at one end of the floor the 'Burkha' ladies flocking one accessories stall, trying out few earrings and so forth, while the mom and her mom shifting inside the boutiques. After a short while some teenage boys exited one electronic shop with bagful of digicams, pdas, hps etc. Later they regroup at a designated place (take a wild guess?---The Glass Lift of course) all this happened while I take a long pause before entering Kinokuniya (I love to watch people - should have been a psychologist or sociologist instead of......) KL has turned cosmo instead of metro.
I got inside and went straight to get whatever I planned to do (to get some Malay-Japanese Dict for my lil sis who is now in Japan for some exchange program - more of that later). I thought of staying back a little while longer and enjoy my outings, when my wife sms me reminding to be back in time for the Amazing Race at 8:00 (I wouldn't miss that would I?) With that, I scooted to LRT station and enjoyed my few moment of new cosmopolitan KL rushing crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment