Saturday, March 24, 2007

Site is Closed - For Now

Hey, I am not talking about this Blog Site. I am talking about my work site. We were officially informed by the consultant that due to our failure to heed their advices regarding Safety and Quality of works, the site will be 'shut-down' until further notice. Actually it was related to the 'Bug' notice we received from the Local Authorities.
First thing that came to my colleague's' mind was a subdued elation since it would be less or no work at all to perform. Unfortunately for me, that was where my workload became exponentially expanded. Suddenly everyone became interested in my 'vinyl LP collections' ( figuratively). Everyone now wants me to recall minute verbal conversations that took place eons ago. If I said I have no recollection of ever hearing or participating in those banters, that individual(s) would look at me as if I am a traitor in their midst.
So much of the importance of taking small notes and reconfirm officially on any matters! There you go, as far as I am concerned, my responsibility ends the moment an acknowledgement is denied. Sort of like, 'Caveat Emptor' in inter-departmental relations.
Want to know what am I actually doing now?
Repairing the Method Statement for Repair of the Repaired Elements. How's that for a new tongue twister.
This Site is not Closed - Forever.
PS - I watched The Departed. It would be on my all time list.

No comments:

Post a Comment