Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cut and Paste

One of my reader commented on my 'cut and paste' post lately. He/She was expecting more of my original postings instead of cross linked articles and other blogger posts.
In my defence, I tried to wriggle out by saying, "sometimes those posts are better the way it is than I would have written and also as guides to the style of posting I would have liked mine to be". Anyway, the current blogging mental block is preventing me from writing other than the technical subjects I am doing nowadays.
Did I get away with it? Fat chance!!!

Part of my current job is to decipher the incoming information, disseminate it to right parties, compile feedback and provide responses or formulate course of actions to be taken on issues arising from the original information. However problems would be compounded whenever the original information is blurry or misrepresented, thus would caused the subsequent responses way off targets. Tell me how would I approach and resolve an urgent and highly sensitive and costly issue based on information I received very late.

I am going to give you an example below: (original communique, no editing)
------
Subject: Project Carried On
Regarding the above subject and after checking the project by our department engineer's and regarding the clear non-obligation from your work side towards Local Order #3 regarding organizing the building works in this country and it as follows:
First: There is very bad handy making in executing all columns and slabs which causing these technical bugs which reduce the designing ability of columns as follows:
1-Honeycomb widely found in most structure elements.
2-There is sway in most columns.
3-Columns not located on vertical axis & there is horizontal displacement for most columns.
4-The columns on the slab perimeter are shifted outside by 10cm.
5-Columns sections are not organized at the casting expansion which result in non-homogeneous in casted concrete.
6-No enough supporting for some columns which causing swelling in some columns ans non-regular of prismatic cross section.
7-Bugs were found in the covered protection ply.
8-Project system interactions are not valid.
As a result the following are requested from you:
1-Apply technical suggestions to recover the mentioned bugs.
2-Present promise concerning non repeating these bugs again.
3-Pay fin (100,000.00) before noon today.
And in case of no obligation from your side the necessary procedures will be taken against you.
------
Well, I just could tell you that we only managed to pay the 100,000 penalty (fin?) by noon yesterday. Now to find those BUGS....

No comments:

Post a Comment