Friday, March 16, 2007

Pages of My Blue Book

I found this piece written in my old blue book. I guess the year was 1988?
----------
Feb 28th
Salam pada masa hadapan
(Greetings to the future)
Setingkat lagi mendaki tangga usia
(Another climb on the steps of age)
Dalam menduga tinggi mana perginya nanti
(Wondering how high the climb might be)
Takat manakah akan ku tiba pada puncak hidup
(Where or when would I reached the pinnacle of life)
Buat masa yang akan tiba untuk ku melihat ke bawah
(To that time when I would look below me)
Pada anak-anak tangga yang telah ku daki dan tinggalkan
(Those steps that I've climbed and left behind)
Melihat pada detik detik ditarik napas-napas kepenatan
(Recalling the moments for breath of tiredness)
Ketika usaha maju dalam pendakian
(There were times during the climbs)
Ada terasa mahu sahaja turun pada tangga mulanya
(The feel of wanting to slide down)
Sedang tangan memetik buah-buah usia
(As the hand plucks the fruits of age)
Yang segar, yang hitam, yang pahit, yang manis
(Fresh, blacks, bitter or sweet)
Pada bahu yang memikul bakul bakul igauan
(The shoulder that carries nighmares)
Berlekangkan panas mentari membakar pedih-pedih pengalaman
(And the hot sun burning the stinging experinces)
Pesankan pada diri
(Reminding myself)
Agar dibekalkan keredhaan
(Hoping for God's grace)
Mencari hasilan terbaik biarpun sukar dan perit
(Finding the best no matter how difficult)
Meredah onak dan duri masyarakat
(Going through the thorns of community)
----------
An amature attempt I might add. I am still recalling from memories the feelings I had while writing those. Was I melancholic? idealistic? or just ramblings. For context, the page preceeding that was the lyrics from Chirstopher Cross - Think of Laura
Every once in a while I'd see her smile, And she'd turn my way around
A girl with those eyes could stare through the lies, And see what your heart was saying
Think of Laura but laugh don't cry, I know she'd want it that way
A friend of a friend, a freind to the end, That's the kind of girl she was
Taken away so young, Taken away without a warning
I know you and you are here, In every day we live
I know her and she's here, I can feel her when I sing
Hey Laura where are you now, Are you far away form here
I don't think so. I think you are here, taking our tears away

No comments:

Post a Comment