Monday, January 16, 2006

Intermission

I was down with the Flu. A combination of a) abnormally late nights out in cold January desert, b) a string of unsuspected extra holidays, c) sudden freedom on wheels, and of course d) that long mission trip to Fujairah where the carpet bugs hit.
For two days my long hardened (yeah!) body was battered to the bed with only a couple litre of mineral water bottles and suspiciously ineffective band of medicines. Someone might have come by and done several amputations to my limbs without me realizing it. Only by the third day, I finally managed to drag myself to sit up and look around the cell like bedroom, kicked the empty mineral water bottles out of the way and walk out to the kitchen room.
On the fourth day I watched DVD - Family Man : starred by Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni. I managed to hold on until the last few scene when the character Jack shouted across the crowded terminal departure gate in his last attempt to convince Kate to stay (for a cup of coffee? Not!) - "we are married, we lived in Jersey, we have two kids. Annie is precocious because she speaks her mind....." I could hold it anymore!
Must be the Flu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment