Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Acknowledgement

For the first time I received from someone, an acknowledgement (and encouragement sort of) of reading my entire blog! Even I myself has to retreat and scrolled the blog to pick up her references on words that I've written and some things that I've promised to include. How to describe 'rewang' to a total foreigner who has no context whatsoever in any Malaysian way of life? Even a native, full blooded 'bumiputra' would have a hard time to figuratively pinpoint which translative meaning of 'rewang' I am referring to.
So, anybody would like to give a shot? What is rewang? What is rewang-rewang?
I will in slip in my context of the meaning in my later entry. Which I sure think someone will remind me about it not long from now.
ps.
to My, I have to ask my significant other to point to me the whereabouts of my Sajak Jiwang blue book on the bookshelf back home. I guess you would have known what Sajak and Jiwang means.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never written in a blog before or made a written comments in response to ones diary, but I wanted to express my "amazement" about your sort of diary especially when you mentioned about Korean mini series (Jewel of the Palace). I though only Filipinos are fond of Korean mini series..hehehehe(including my father)....Kidding aside, your writing is kinda helping me. I arrived here in Dubai two months ago...leaving my kids-my everything-in the Philippines, knowing barely anyone here except for few friends. Leaving them with my parents is making me feel guitly but I have to do this to prepare for their future. Living in a place where you are totally stranger and being naive to the culture is hard too....but challenging I would say. People like you who gave me encouragement in different ways are the wind beneath my wings. Good luck to you!

ps. maybe you want to mention what happened in the ending for Jewel of the Palace..hehehe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rewang said...

wind beneath your wings

Post a Comment