Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Birthday Party with stale water

I missed the birthday celebration for 3 of my kids already this year. My eldest son's birthday was last Sunday. So being away this far and this long at this special time is a bit difficult both on my son and myself. Anyway, like those that I missed earlier, my wife had arranged an internet birthday bash. You see, they got to eat all that were being served by my cook-extrodinaire wife, while I only could listened via a static pc microphone, smile thru a webcam, then gulp some stale bottled water. I could hear them chuckling away, a sudden silent before that all recognizable birthday song, again a short silence for the candle blowing moment, before a full blown applause and sounds of grinding plates. Then they got up one by one, to describe graphically to me the many tastes of a single 1 kg cappuccino-covered-cheese-cake from Secret Recipe.
And the biggest teaser came last on the mic and describing a would be birthday treat for me, complete with (censored) sounds!!! How I love being away from home (yeah right!) and I finished two bottles of stale water in no time.
ps.
Happy Birthday Yamin, and don't forget to smile for the camera when they take you pic for your coming of age NRIC. And yes, I got your many subtle hints of having a PS2.

No comments:

Post a Comment