Monday, March 28, 2005

The Skype Bug

We were hit by Skype bug the last few days. And I was kept busy attending to those 'lost souls' longing to get hitch by the latest wave of VIOP technology. The actual fact is that I was introduced to Skype by the collegue here. Noticing how she keep chatting away at any given breaks oblivious to the deppressive surrounding, I enquired about this latest fad. Having registered and familiarised myself with the concept on the spare pc, I went an extra step by boldly 'investing' in the 10EURO credit to avail myself for the VOIP to copperlines experience. Despite the 3 seconds delay (which seemed like laughingly forever) a small price for a piece of virgin technology, I demonstrated the possibility to a few others. Before I knew it I am now 'the Skype guy' around here. Now the rate of Skype credit acquisition by my fellow comrades should put any entry level Zhulian wannabes to shame, the office has transformed into a full pledge ATCs (Air Traffic Control Station) with everybody donning the latest stereo headmic gear chatting away to the loves ones back home far far away. As for me, stuck with a 'loaned' dinosaur P3 Win98 Compaq, I can't help but wish for my time to don the ATC gears whenever an extra pc is available. Mind you I still have 8.47EURO to left to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment