Wednesday, May 4, 2005

I Know What U Did To My Hello

Now I (sort of) know why my Hello Photo failed to cross-post uploaded pics to my blog. It seemed that the ISP I am in subscribes to a regional filtering server that would refused (ie blocked) photo upload from certain geographical location. My uploading activities from Hello is deemed 'against the local culture and religious' practice. Well, too bad too because lately, Skype.Com has also been lumped into this category albeit for strictly other (monoplistic) reasons.
As for SkyPe, we are now limited to normal Skype'ing' PC to PC. Any attempt to use SkypeOut to connect to normal international landlines will be greeted by undiscernible local telcos message (voice of a lady fortunately) which I myself hardly understand. The sad fact is that we can't top up the SkypeOut euro credit, nor download SkyPe program ( I manage to keep one handy in my thumbdrive along with other regular gidgets) because it is deemed 'against the local culture and religious' practice.
ps
I am thinking of dropping by Istanbul, since it is now nearby only, to see my childhood team in red playing in the Champions League Final.

No comments:

Post a Comment