Saturday, February 26, 2005

Packing up

Got myself a set of two trolley bags (24" and 18") on sale at Carrefour. The big one obviously for the main stuffs such as 8 pieces of longsleeves, 5 pairs of pants and 2 cargo pants, some books (yes including the Roget Thesaurus) and of course the pagoda shirts. The smaller trolley bag (18") is for my carry on luggage. Essential documents, passports, my Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation and my old sketchbook. Thankfully for the wife who is an expert in this extreme bag packing rituals, I guess I manage to get all my stuff and some space to spare.
I can't help but turned down requests from friends for night outs, but I am sure they'll understand (Hazmi - wink wink, Melvin - no can't do, Faizal - maybe not, Koay - too far maar, Olynn - move on, James - only passing through, Fifi - in cyberspace) I am stoking up my tastebuds with enough nasi lemaks, bihun, and of course the king of fruits - D24 variety. Anyway, there are only enough leftover things to do within this short period of time that I began to weigh in the tasks priority. In a way you are as if preparing for your own impending death and that you realized you have not done enough for the hereafter.
By the way my birthday is 28th February.

No comments:

Post a Comment